With increased mobile device usage and changing consumer behaviour, more and more business owners are investing in mobile apps. An app can generate massive revenue, streamline a direct marketing channel.
Provide valuable consumer analytics. But these objectives can only be attained when you know how ASO works, plan top-notch ASO strategies, and implement a robust ASO campaign.
Why Invest in ASO or App Store Optimization?
- Increased App Discoverability- Helps your app get discovered in app store search results by relevant users.
- Higher App Ranking- Improves the app’s ranking for the chosen keywords, thus providing higher exposure and visibility.
- Precise Targeting- Based on the keyword optimization plan, ASO strategies can enable localized targeting or catering to a global audience.
- Higher App Downloads- A well-optimized app has a higher likelihood of being downloaded.
- Boosts UX, Conversions, and User Retention- ASO also aims at boosting user experience for higher conversions and retention.
- Low Investment with High ROI- Long-term benefits and sustainable growth with marginal investment.
- Data-Driven Optimization- Hiring ASO service, tracking app metrics, and collating user feedback enable businesses to stay on track and consistently improve app performance.
How ASO Works: Top 6 Guidelines to Implement a Robust ASO Campaign
A successful ASO strategy focuses on improving app quality, enhancing its usability/benefits, and expanding the app’s scale and market reach organically.
- Commence with Meticulous On-Page App Optimization– The app title and description should be concise and razor-sharp about the app’s purpose, USP, and features. The compelling description should be followed by eye-catching and well-optimized screenshots and videos. Reduce the app size, compress media/images, minimize download time, and ensure seamless and high-speed app performance. Implement efficient coding techniques, reduce file sizes, and ensure seamless navigation for all mobile dev-ices-
- Implement ICP-driven App Marketing Strategies- A tailored ASO marketing strategy largely relies on how well the marketing team studies the target audience. In particular, the demographics, search preferences, browsing behaviour, and purchase history of the ICP (ideal customer profile) should be studied and documented at length. While the app content should have thoroughly-researched keywords, the features should be in sync with the requirements of the ICP.
- Subscribe for ASO Service and Tools to Monitor App Performance– A specialized ASO service team can help you initiate a winning ASO campaign to uphold your app ranking and garner a consistent revenue stream. They also assist businesses with the latest app monitoring tools to track and review critical ASO metrics like App Store Impressions, Conversion Rate, Uninstall/Churn Rate, and various other App Revenue and Monetization Metrics. Several leading agencies provide full-fledged ASO toolkits to streamline your performance
- Periodically Assess Your Competitors– ASO strategies can never be devised in isolation. It is critical to keep monitoring the strategies of competitor apps. Scrutinize their app content and the keywords they are using. Assess their app visuals/creatives as well as gauge their download time, overall app speed, and performance.
- Conduct Localization and A/B Testing as Required– An integral aspect of how ASO works is largely dependent on how diligently and thoroughly your app is tested. Be it the app icon, title, description, or screenshots, the variables for each element should be methodically tested to determine which trial elicits the best response. Also, businesses should optimize their app in different languages and use localized keywords for the geographical zones they want to target.
- Update App as per the Latest App Store Guidelines and Best Practices– From app security and permissions, to app store ranking factors and ASO guidelines from Google and Apple, extensive know-how and constant upskilling are a must to ensure that your ASO campaign is on track. A detailed understanding of the app store ecosystem, updates, and operating guidelines is necessary for successful app store optimization.
Both Google Play Store and Apple App Store have millions of listed apps and hundreds of new additions every day. With such fierce competition, you cannot expect optimal app visibility, downloads, and ROI by running paid ads alone. Devising and implementing a concrete ASO strategy based on the aforementioned guidelines is a necessity. Remember, a well-optimized app serves the dual purpose of gaining higher app store rankings as well as boosting user experience. Hence, businesses should consider reaching out to a reliable ASO service agency to transform a mediocre app into a phenomenal revenue generator.